Monday, March 2, 2015

Do Not Fear God Like the Pagans Do

In the past week a good friend wrote me these words..."Thankfully, we can depend on God in these hard times and not fear Him like the pagans do".

It really got me thinking.  

She wrote this to me because she was trying to encourage me in our moment of shock.  We are now without employment.  Teradici started their re-structuring plan last Tuesday which included us.

Her words reminded me of Matthew 6:31-33 

"So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you NEED them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."  

We are so blessed to know this!!   It doesn't mean that my life is now a bowl of cherries or that I from now on will never worry - but rather it means that I know where to turn to when the worry does come. My Father will feed me like no other.  Not just Physically but also Spiritually.  He will feed our children. He will - simply because He told me so.  All I can say to that is - thanks LORD I needed to know that again and again and again - just keep on telling me!!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear the news- been there! Praying that he will find something new soon. God is always near! Also wanted to wish you a (belated) happy birthday, hope you still had a nice day with the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is faithful. When we see closed doors, He is opening new ones in ways we didn't think possible. Hold on to His promise that He will fulfill His purpose for us. Praying for your family!

    cecile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of that Gloria. Hold on to the promises in God's Word.

    jen

    ReplyDelete