Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Sewing Goals - Next Four Weeks

1) Finish Baby Quilt - I am done the top minus the border.  I found a black in my stash that is all sparkly and I want to use it.  Does anyone have any advice on it?  I was ironing it the other day and had to be oh so careful!!!  I don't normally wash fabric before I sew - do I need to do that with this?

2) Baby Nursing Bib - I bought fabric for this the other day but I still need to get the D-clips.  I'm thinking this will be only an hour to make - make that 2 knowing me. 

3) A whole day dedicated to sewing special thanks to my husband.  The quilitng retreat is at a very bad time for me this year.  I am so disappointed!!!  I was hoping that it would be at the end of Feb or possibly in March.  Nope.  Rather, it's 2 weeks before baby is due.  Over Christmas I spent one day sewing for six hours.  I could hardly walk the next day!!  So instead of driving for two hours and sewing for 12 (which I'll never manage to do at this stage) I get the treat of sewing uninteruptted for as long as I can handle.  This is wonderful!!  I will then be able to get somewhere on my two goals above.  I will miss meeting with the ladies and seeing everyone's work but trust that someone will blog about it and I can see all the quilting eye candy that way!!  Have fun ladies and I'll see you next year!! 

1 comment:

  1. I love having a day for sewing!! Enjoy. I have been thinking about you. I can't believe you are almost due!! Praying for peace and strength for you.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete