Monday, July 20, 2009

Oil Inflation

Awhile ago I posted about our five year and how we are "treating" him with GHA, DHA and all those other good fish oils. Well, here's the update on Matthew's oil inflation...

I have noticed absolutely no change in his behaviour. This was disappointing because I guess I was hoping for some kind of miracle concoction that would take the original sin right out of him!!!

However, it was successful in other areas that we did not expect. Matthew's speech challenges of stuttering have not totally gone away but have dramatically improved with the oil. I conclude it is directly related because after two months of the oil, I stopped it for awhile due to no improvement in his behaviour. We then noticed his speech getting bad again, put him back on the oil and then it improved again. We have also been doing breathing techniques which help him get control of his thoughts and his speech and I'm sure that is helping as well.

So there you have it - brain food definately helps the brain, just not always in the areas you hope for or expect!!! Regardless, we are very thankful for the outcome

1 comment:

  1. That's so interesting - I wouldn't have thought fish oils would be related to speech.

    ReplyDelete