Monday, July 13, 2009

Full of Gratitude

LORD, when I am on my knees,
When I am looking up,

Remind me

To also look around,

And see, really see

What is piled up in stacks all around me.

I don't want to be

Ungrateful, unsatisfied or bitter...

But sometimes it's hard to even feel

Anything at all or the feelings are too much.
What is the first to fall?
A gratitude for YOU.

It's during those times

That I really need YOU to remind me
To have thoughts of

Gratitude.

And I ask that YOU be the ONE

To fill me up,

Overflowing, to the brim and spilling everywhere...

Not with feelings but with THOUGHTS of gratitude.

For all you have done
Your presence over me.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Gloria. My blog post today was on gratitude too! :) Always good to be reminded that we look to Christ and be grateful for what we do have!

    Hope you and your household feel better soon!

    Rose B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria,

    What an amazing poem. You most certainly have a special way of expressing yourself and "putting it on paper". Keep up the enjoyable blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem! I assume you wrote it? What a gift to have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, Gloria.

    ReplyDelete