Wednesday, June 17, 2015

We're Pro-life - Aren't We?



That's our baby at 10 weeks - doesn't he look like a little Pokemon?
disclaimer: I do not like Pokemon but I do know what he looks like! 
Our baby is 12 weeks now and about 5cm long.  What a blessing!! !



"So we say with confidence, 'The LORD is my helper;
I will not be afraid.  What can man do to me?' "
Hebrews 13:6

I have so much to say and I'm not sure I want to share any of it.  
Would it solve my heart's hurt? 
Recently, a sister in Christ shared how we should let Jesus sweep out and take away 
our rooms that are full of expectations of others. 
Give those expectations to Jesus and let Him take them on and let Him fill them up. 
Good idea, as I have rooms full of them.  

Jesus...
Can you take on the hurtful words someone said to 
me without thinking?  Take on my expectation that all Christians are pro-life?  
Can you take away the words that were embarrassing and rather quite worldly? 
Take those words away from me and remind me more of the healing, loving words others spoke
- others who know your greatness and power and who show your love?

Also, Jesus - can you take away those hurtful words and the lack of words that at times make me feel judged for trusting you so much?  It's a judgment I place on myself, a feeling that is not based on facts.  I know that this is not MY plan but YOUR plan that this was not a bad idea or bad timing but it was desired deeply by us and also it was all in YOUR hands.     
  Help me to keep this between You and me.  
This new life is not about pleasing others (how can we ever please everyone all the time anyway?). 
but pleasing YOU. 

Can you give new strength for each day when I feel so weak?  When the symptoms seem to be all there is, when I can't see the big picture because the bottom of the pail is in front of my face - and that's all there is.  Can you take all those expectations of myself to get certain things done away?  
Far far away.  
Just take it all.  

And one more thing Jesus, 
could you help all of us be more encouraging in our walk? 
Thank you, Jesus, Amen

If we claim to be truly pro-life shouldn't we be doing more to encourage one another? 

3 comments:

  1. Very well prayed, Gloria. Why is it that one negative comment outweighs many, many positive ones? Your focus is right. It is all about pleasing our Lord and Savior. I continue to pray for you, for strength and grace through these tough days. Keep your eyes looking upward and your heart open.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A comment about comments ... not wanting to minimize the pain that some people's comments have caused you, but ... it's also possible that some of those same people went home feeling bad for what they said, hoping you didn't take it quite as rudely as it sounded, but not really knowing what to do about it. Had I not emailed you immediately to explain my own tongue-in-cheek comments to your son, I would assume this post was about me. And while I now hope that I have been one of the encouraging ones, I know that many, many times in my life, I have been that hurtful person. I can actually remember comments I made to people 30 years ago that I was instantly embarrassed to have made, but did not have the maturity to deal with.
    Often my first reaction to someone's pregnancy - particularly someone who is already under a lot of stress as you must now be - is to be concerned for the person's physical and emotional health. And then the spur-of-the-moment words that come out of my mouth are some mish-mash of concern and happiness that - unfortunately - do justice to neither! It is quite likely that some of the initial reactions you are getting these days are actually about love and concern for you - yes, you! - and not so much about all those other things they seem to be about.
    And you're right ... the only way to deal with any of it - the stress, the uncertainty, the physical sickness, and the emotional hurt - is to take it all to God. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Generally, I hope I am and I try to be a gracious person. We do need to look past people's words to their hearts and intentions, you are right. In this case,
    the intention was to be funny at my husband's expense, I don't have the greatest sense of humor, but others in the group were offended as well :(.
    It's okay, I'm over it. We had a good sermon on the unforgiving servant and I have forgiven these "jokers", knowing it's God's opinion that counts. Yes, and how often have I been the joker? It makes me sad to think...yet it's all forgiven in Jesus - thank you LORD!!!

    ReplyDelete