Thursday, June 11, 2015

Green Thread, Lavender Lovelies and Good News!!!

All these photos and their editing is credited to my amazing daughter, Aleana.  
Is it wrong for me to say that she received Citizen of the Year award at Credo?  
Well, I am going to anyway, BUT I will give all the praise to our Father.  
We are very thankful and happy that the LORD has given us such a blessing.  
We praise Him for the work He has done in her.
Thank you LORD!!    

I thought I would save money and sew up some clothes for myself.  
Some things worked and some things did not.  This top sort of worked, I'm still not sure if I'll wear it. Aleana wore it for retro day and it only took a half an hour to make so at least it's good for something.  It's material that is used for a sari - I found it at VV. 




                            Now this one I don't like at all.  I loved the fabric on the rack but on me - I look like a big daisy!!!  Another garment for the dress up box.  

Our apple tree is doing great!!! 

I love how this one turned out sewing wise.  However, I used a maternity tank top I already have to cut out the fabric and this fabric is way Less stretchy than the prototype so this one now barely fits!! 
It's quite tight, I could wear it but it would not be all that comfortable.  Well, it's my first time sewing a tank to so I'll be easy on myself and hopefully I can wear it comfortably some year in the future.  

 Remember I was commiserating about what to do with the extra time on my hands? Well, God always has His ideas for that.  Finding ways to keep the nausea at bay and the other "I won't mention here" gross symptoms related to nausea from interrupting my work has been enough to fill in that extra time :).  We are very thankful for this little blessing and thank our Father He has made all well thus far.  As you can see I have been successful at gaining more than my fair share of first trimester weight so I am suspecting a boy at this point.  


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! What wonderful news!! I am so happy for you all. I will be praying for you that all will be well and that you are given strength for each day.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and Will! I'll pray for good health for you and baby. And good for you for trying out some sewing (and in the first trimester no less!) The tank especially looks really good. I hope you saved the tank that you copied b/c this is a great look. Hope your summer goes ok and that you start feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That is exciting! Praying that the rest of your pregnancy goes well and that you may be given the strength needed in the months ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting news - congratulations! Praying that all goes well as you wait for your new little bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete