Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Christmas - 2014

This guy was our delicacy this year :).  I bought him frozen - not sure I could cook a live one.  
We decided that we needed to do this every year - it was so yummy!!!  

Two very excited boys. 




See the fire in Peter's eyes??



Peter really wants to be a soccer goalie so the gloves were really well received.  

Madilyn had to help Aleana with all her presents and Aleana HAD to help Madilyn with hers.  
It was cute. 

New games are a great way to stay occupied for the rest of the holidays.  

New pajamas need to be put on right away. 

Mommy always needs help opening her presents - especially if they are from you. 


The fairy wings she ALWAYS wanted.  

The 3 - stooges or is it scrooges?

Our 3 princesses

How it all started...

and where the evening ends...
Aleana and Ethan helped Will buy me a new sewing machine!!! A Janome 60QC  
(Quilter's Companion)
It's awesome!!!  Now that I have things figured out I can't believe how much faster it is and so much quieter and just more handy dandy in so many little ways.  It's going to be used often!! 
Will asked me if it's the one I wanted...the answer is no because I never had my eyes on anything.  Thankfully, or I would have been a fairly bitter woman. 
My 1950s Eaton's special mostly worked fine- when I wasn't having problems with the tension or with the feed dogs that never went down.  I was too scared (and embarassed) to take it in to be serviced because I didn't want to admit to another sewist that I had never in 17 years had it serviced - gasp!!.  So yah, it worked fine.  
 I don't mean to brag or gloat or whatever but I am just very grateful and thankful that I can do smoother quilting and 60!!!!  other stitches.  
Did I say that I was pretty stoked about this???
Thank you Aleana, Ethan and Will - I am so happy and I feel very loved that you bought me such a special gift.  You are my superstars!!! 

3 comments:

  1. I really like that pic of you and Will! Looks like you had a good Christmas. :)

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your new machine. I got a Pfaff Quilt Ambition 2 for my birthday in June and I love it. Like you say, it is so quiet, and everything works. I still have my old machine, and it works but only does straight stitching and zigzag and, well, it sews but that's about it. I have had it for 39 years and never had it serviced. ;). I will get my new one serviced regularly.

    ReplyDelete