Friday, August 24, 2012

Some July Sewing with Aleana

Here are the blocks that we made with ~190 squares.  We ended up with ~50 four patch squares in the end.  I decided that it would be easier and less chance of being off if I sewed in blocks instead of rows.  
I have NEVER done a quilt bigger than a crib quilt so a KING size is just a tad daunting. 
I am thinking that I will quilt it in sections (most likely two halves) and then sew the sections together using biased tape. With me (and Aleana helping) you never know what is coming around the corner as far as a quilt goes and that's what I find fun about it. 

These pieces of embroidery were done by Will's Grandma Faber on pillowcases for her hope chest.  I received four of them from Will's Mom.  The pillowcases are thread bare now so what I plan to do is embroider applique them onto our bed quilt on the white/cream squares. 

Here's all the four patch squares together.  I will be added a 5 inch border around the edge as well. 
Isn't it pretty. 
Oh and in case anyone reading this remembers - these blue charms are from the quilt retreat we had 3 or 4 years ago.  It's taken awhile but it's getting there.  I will keep you updated!!!

Here's a picture of Button (Peter's moniker for the little one) at 13 weeks. 
Button is due on Valentine's Day!!!
It's exciting but seeing how ALL our babies are 1-2 weeks over due I am not getting my hopes up.
We are very thankful to the LORD for this blessing and are looking forward to seeing Button in due time.  

3 comments:

  1. Hi Gloria - So excited about your pregnancy. Hope and pray that all will go well. Hope you start feeling well soon. The first bit is always so hard... Also, I love the quilt. I am so impressed that you are using the blues. You know what - I am starting something with mine too, finally! You'll see it on my blog soon (in September after the kids are back in school.) Keep us posted! Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilt! You're definitely got a gift. Wow, that is a great ultrasound picture. Can't wait til Button's arrival! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Gloria !!!!!!! Very exciting news :)

    ReplyDelete