Saturday, February 4, 2012

New to Us Cabinets in the Laundry Room


We (Will with my support) also put laminate in here over Christmas.  The cabinets were hand-me-downs from Riemer - they re-did their kitchen cabinets so we got the old ones.  I love re-using stuff.  It saves money and it's less waste in the land fills.  The idea is to build cabinets for the bottom and we have doors from Riemer for that too.  It will be nice because then I will have one big long counter to put the baskets on and the lower cabinets to store all the grocery staples in.  I'm envisioning pull out drawers for big sacks of flour and sugar etc.. and drawers for cans and smaller items.   

I don't have a before picture but if you can imagine two closets from floor to ceiling with typical closet doors that did not go to the ceiling.  So it was great for shelving but not very practical because all of the shelves on the top were inaccessible.  I would like to put more in baskets on the top of these cabinets or maybe I won't have to.  It's always a process and I will take more pictures - once we have our camara back!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment