Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Short and Sweet

Started off the day with this little boy deciding to take a bath in his clothes.

I'm not sure what he's up to but he didn't do things like this when he was two (which is the usual age). Maybe he's just crying for attention. You can never give them too much you know :).



I don't know if he'll do it again now that I've given him all that positive re-inforcement with the camara. Good thing I've lightened up in my old age. I actually laughed alot.


Hopefully Hilda has passed this off to Wes and Rose by now and this won't be a preview for them. This was suppose to be their house warming gift - almost two years late but better late then never I guess. Also, it was suppose to be a table runner but the colors didn't match their kitchen so it became a lap quilt. Aleana assisted me with cutting, ironing and even some great sewing.
It started off with "I really want to make pinwheels!!" (which I did at the retreat) to "Now that I have all these pinwheels what should I do with them?"
And...I just went from there. Design as you go I guess you could call it. Lots of fun to make and I was very pleased with the end product - beautiful!!! I love it!!!
Thanks for all your help Aleana - you are fun to work with!!!



This shot shows the backing - I love how it pulls out the little bit of blue on the front.


The edging.


I didn't do binding because I was under the gun to get it on the plane on time.

I am happy about that decision though and I don't regret it.


A close up shot.


A very willing model. Notice her red cheek? Could be teething?
BTW - quickly - this little girl is saying Mumma, crawling and sitting now. Wow!!!

Two willing models but...



one wanted to pull on the quilt to get at the camara - funny girl.



We had a good laugh over that too!!

All in all, it was a great day - clean kids and finished quilts.

Shhhh don't tell Aleana's teachers that she helped me but she really did have a cold :).

6 comments:

  1. Its super cute! were you able to quilt it still without doing a binding? I hate binding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadia is soo cute! That's a very nice quilt- great job! And I have to laugh at your little boys- they are too funny! I guess it's easier to laugh when they're not your own ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt and we really appreciate it....I'm in a bind though....it is too pretty to use. Not sure if I should save it as a heirloom or use it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt, Gloria! Great job! And Rose, of course you should use it. That's what it's for! ;) There is no point in keeping things for show and not enjoying them. Besides, your children will treasure it much more if it brings back happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L-L!!!! Rose well loved things are well used!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's exactly what I was going to say.
    Use it!! Please!!! I want the kids to think of us whenever they see it. Lots of love went into it :).

    ReplyDelete