Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Thanksgiving Cake?

For thanksgiving we celebrated Will's parent's 45th wedding anniversary.  
The cake was gorgeous - from T and T.  



Aleana and I redecorated the "rec room" over the summer and made it a teen room.  
Here are the curtains we bought for it.   The walls are a light purple in case you can't tell.  

We also did a turkey dinner - 20 people over.  

Nadia is making cranberry sauce here - I have to say, pretty much every child had a hand in making the meal.  It was a blessing to have all that help!!  

All the descendants placed a fingerprint on the tree.  Really neat crafty idea for a gift!! 

I've been sewing some scrappy trip blocks up.  

And I wanted to see how it would look.  I have two more blocks to go!!! 
I'm not sure about this configuration - I placed all the orange blocks on the bottom and purple on the top.  Should I maybe mix it up instead?  

I bought backing for my Indian blanket quilt.  Will was there and since he knows that it is his duty to encourage me in all things quilty he insisted that this print would look nice.  When I got home - I thought " I wonder what the teacher used for hers ?"  and I looked it up on her blog.  Lo and behold!!  She used the exact same fabric (from ikea) and even used it for her feature fabric.  Did I maybe remember that somewhere in my subconscious?  Will was the one picking it out though so it's all just very wierd and we'll leave it at that :).  

My Indian blanket top is all sewn up and ready to be spray basted and quilted!!!  
I have a personal deadline so hopefully I can get it done by then!!
Have a great week in God's Almighty hands.  

2 comments:

  1. I love the tree for an anniversary gift. The cake looks great too :-)

    jen hamming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen!!
    Thanks for reading!! It was a pleasant surprise :).

    ReplyDelete